Avon Products, Inc., ("Avon," "us," or "we") has created this Privacy Statement to inform you about how we collect, use and disclose information.
Avon has granted the Distributor the right to purchase Avon products for re-sale in UAE. In turn, the Distributor grants independent contractors selling rights to Avon's products (hereinafter referred to as Independent Sales Representatives). The Distributor and its Independent Sales Representatives are not employed by Avon. Therefore, Avon does not control, and is not responsible or liable for the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information by the Distributor or its Independent Sales Representatives, including for their marketing purposes. If you provide information to the Distributor or an Independent Sales Representative through the AVON DISTRIBUTOR WEBSITE, Avon will have access to it and shall treat it in accordance with this Privacy Statement. The Distributor may provide Avon with information regarding its Independent Sales Representatives or its customers, in which case Avon will treat such information, once in its possession, in accordance with this Statement.
If you are the customer of an Independent Sales Representative, you should check with your Representative directly to learn about her data privacy practices.
Collection of Personal Information. "Personal Information" is information that can identify you such as name, postal address (including billing and shipping addresses), telephone number, e-mail address, credit card number, and user name. We collect Personal Information from you when you enter your details, participate in any interactive features, submit an order to the Distributor or otherwise interact with the Distributor on the AVON DISTRIBUTOR WEBSITE.
Use of Personal Information. We may use Personal Information:
Sharing Personal Information. We may disclose your Personal Information:
- for the purposes for which you specifically provided it including, without limitation, to enable the Distributor to respond to your inquiries and process and fulfill your requests;
- to allow you to use, communicate and interact with others on the AVON DISTRIBUTOR WEBSITE;
- to enable the Distributor to help you find an Independent Sales Representative including suggesting a new Independent Sales Representative if your existing one has discontinued selling Avon products, and to facilitate the business activities of an Independent Sales Representative;
- for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the AVON DISTRIBUTOR WEBSITE, improving services, identifying usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of any promotional campaigns;
- to enable you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions which may be run by the Distributor and to assist the Distributor to administer these activities (Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we, or the Distributor, use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully);
- to enable the Distributor to complete and fulfill your order, or otherwise provide you with products or services, for example, to process your payments, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service;
- [to companies that are affiliated with us, that is, are part of the Avon family of companies, (click here to see a list), but not for their direct marketing purposes.
- to third-party service providers who provide services to Avon, such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, information technology services, customer service, e-mail delivery services, credit card processing, auditing, training, and other similar services. (These third parties may be supplied with, or have access to, your Personal Information for the purpose of providing these services to us or on our behalf);
- to the Distributor, to the extent necessary for it to contact you, fulfill your orders or provide a service to you;
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and
- as we believe necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Collection of Non-Personal Information. "Non-Personal Information" is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
We and our third-party service providers may collect Non-Personal Information in a variety of ways. For example, we
- Browser information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you or our Independent Sales Representatives
- Aggregated information
Aggregating information. We may aggregate Personal Information so that the aggregated information does not personally identify you or anyone else, such as by using Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our customers who live in a particular area. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
- collect information such as your computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version and Internet browser type and version.
- collect demographic information, such as your location, education, profession, age, gender, as well as other information, such as your hobbies and special interests when you voluntarily provide this information to us. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or anyone else.
Use and Sharing of Non-Personal Information. Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may collect, use and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
Local Storage Objects: We and our third-party service providers may use Flash Local Storage Objects ("Flash LSOs") in certain situations including to recognize you and remember what is in your shopping cart. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. In addition, you generally cannot control, delete or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs from your browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, and to learn how to control them, click on the support Page for the Flash Player and choose Global Storage Settings Panel and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs on your computer now, go to the Website Storage Settings Panel and follow the instructions to review and, if you choose, to delete any specific Flash LSO.
Pixel tags and other technologies: Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. However, in contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer's hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on website pages. We may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags) in connection with the AVON DISTRIBUTOR WEBSITE to, among other things, track the activities of visitors and compile statistics about AVON DISTRIBUTOR WEBSITE usage and response rates. We and our third-party service providers also may use clear GIFs in HTML-formatted e-mail messages to help us track e-mail response rates, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and identify when our e-mails are viewed or forwarded.
Widgets, Applications and similar technologies. If you choose to utilize technology provided by us (such as a widget), any Personal Information or other information you make available through such technology may become available publicly, for example, through social media and other websites and platforms on which you may make the applicable technology available. In addition, some technology may have the capability to be distributed "virally" in other locations (for example, a friend or a customer of yours may post the widget that contains your information to his or her blog). Avon is not responsible or liable for the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information and/or other information that is made publicly available.
How We Collect IP Addresses
Your "IP Address" is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the AVON DISTRIBUTOR WEBSITE, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites.
How We Use and Disclose IP Addresses
We may use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, detecting fraud, and administering the AVON DISTRIBUTOR WEBSITE. We may also use and disclose IP Addresses for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. Please note that we treat IP Addresses, server log files and related information as Non-Personal Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
SOCIAL NETWORK AND INTERACTIVE TOOLS
Certain features on the AVON DISTRIBUTOR WEBSITE may give you an opportunity to interact with the Distributor and others. These may include blogs, message boards, messaging functionality, chat functionality, and creating community profiles. When you use these features you should be aware that any information you submit, including your name, location and e-mail address, may be publicly available to others. We are not responsible for any information you choose to submit through these interactive features and we strongly discourage you from disclosing any sensitive Personal Information (such as health or credit card information) through these features. If you use these features, your Personal Information may remain on the AVON DISTRIBUTOR WEBSITE even after you cease use of the AVON DISTRIBUTOR WEBSITE.
The AVON DISTRIBUTOR WEBSITE may link to websites operated by other third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of websites operated by third parties that are linked to or integrated with the AVON DISTRIBUTOR WEBSITE, or for the privacy practices of third party Internet advertising companies. The inclusion of a link on the AVON DISTRIBUTOR WEBSITE does not imply endorsement of the linked site by us. Avon's Distributor and its Independent Sales Representatives are solely responsible for their own websites and for any information collected on those websites.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the AVON DISTRIBUTOR WEBSITE. These companies may use information about your visit to the AVON DISTRIBUTOR WEBSITE in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit http://networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify the Distributor of the problem by contacting it in accordance with the contact details on the AVON DISTRIBUTOR WEBSITE.
If you would like to review, correct, or delete Personal Information that has been previously provided to us, you may contact us as set out in the Contacting Us section below. In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed. We will endeavor to respond as soon as reasonably practicable.
We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law.
USE OF THE AVON DISTRIBUTOR WEBSITE BY CHILDREN
The AVON DISTRIBUTOR WEBSITE is not directed to individuals under the age of fourteen (14), and we request that these individuals not provide Personal Information through the AVON DISTRIBUTOR WEBSITE.
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have operations, and by interacting with us and providing us with any Personal Information, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
From time to time we may change this Privacy Statement. Please take a look at the "LAST UPDATED" legend at the top of this page to see when this Privacy Statement was last revised. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement on the AVON DISTRIBUTOR WEBSITE. Your interaction with us following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org . Because e-mail communications are not always secure, please do not include sensitive information in your e-mails to us.